Monitoring of Doha metro – Red Line North | Qatar
Images of the project
A metro network from scratch
Focusing on the Football World Cup in 2022, the city of Doha (Qatar) launched the ambitious project of an entire underground metro network.
The construction of the 4 metro lines covering more than 50 km and including over 30 underground stations will be carried out in 5 packages simultaneously.
Monitoring of the Red Line North
In December 2013, ISG JV, the joint venture composed of Salini-Impregilo, GS E&C and Galfar, has appointed Sixense to carry out the Instrumentation and Monitoring services of the Red Line North.
Consisting of 6 underground stations and 25km of tunnels (12.5km of twin tunnels), the Red Line North is to link Doha’s city centre to the underconstruction city of Lusail located at the north of the Qatari capital.
Running underneath the iconic West Bay area, the recently developed business centre of Doha, this metro line is the most technically challenging package of the Doha Metro, due to the sensitivity of the high rise buildings existing along the alignment.
The contract includes :
- The installation of instruments and automated acquisition system in the West Bay District
- The maintenance of the monitoring system for the duration of the project
- The data acquisition and management using Sixense’s software.
- The integration of 4 tunnel boring machines (TBM) running simultaneously
- The manual levelling survey of thousands of points
- The vibration monitoring of sensitive areas using 7 automated seismographs.
- The instrumentation of temporary shoring structures for the underground stations until completion of the civil works.