SIXENSE teams comprise flexible, enthusiastic and experienced women and men that come from different backgrounds in construction and industry. Fully representative of our expertise, they are present around the world, committed to understanding and solving your issues.
Our technicians, engineers, digital analysts and developers, all specialists in their particular fields, are renowned for their technical expertise. They act with precision and reliability.
Discover our offers
Acoustic Consultant / Senior Acoustic Consultant
Sixense Group – Acoustics and Vibration Services
Sixense Group is an international company providing specialist engineering services for the construction, civil engineering and infrastructure management markets. Part of the VINCI Group, a world leader in concessions, construction and related services, Sixense has over 700 employees present in 20 countries and is one of the major players in the digital revolution taking place in the construction and management of infrastructure.
Our acoustics business is one of our most established and fastest growing areas of expertise. Bringing a unique combination of twin expertise in both consulting and monitoring, and with one of the largest instrument fleets in the industry with over 400 systems, our acoustics department has a track record of delivering robust and innovative acoustic engineering services on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK, France, North America, Australia and New Zealand.
Specialising in working on major and complex projects, based in London Bridge, our UK acoustics team supports an impressive portfolio including Crossrail, Thames Tideway and HS2, as well as risk monitoring and critical advisory roles for infrastructure operations and sensitive urban developments. Whilst our largest projects are currently in construction management, other key markets include planning, architectural acoustics, transport, industry and wind farms.
An opportunity has arisen for an accomplished professional to join our diverse but close-knit and friendly team in an integral role to build on our current sustained business success. With exciting project and professional prospects, this is an excellent career-development opportunity for an ambitious and self-motivated individual who is driven by making a difference through innovation and teamwork. You may be an ambitious engineer looking to take a step up, or you may have a wealth of experience. If you are confident in your abilities, have an entrepreneurial outlook and a drive to progress, then we would love to hear from you.
In return, we can offer an interesting and sociable work environment, exposure to a range of exciting and challenging projects, as well as broader business operational support to help you with your development as an acoustician and as a business professional. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as you would expect from a leading engineering group.
- Project Management: You will lead multiple projects to ensure deliverables are carried out to a high standard and agreed programme, whilst maintaining strong client relationships, optimising opportunities and profit and ensuring compliance with company management systems.
- Technical: You will be able to understand client/project needs and coordinate and/or carry out technical surveys, testing, modelling analysis, interpretation, assessment and report writing in order to provide solutions. You will also provide specialist input into your own and other projects, including attending meetings and undertaking technical reviews of survey work and reports, ensuring a high-quality output.
- Commercial: You will be required to maintain control of costs and manage commercial and contractual aspects of acoustic projects, including the preparation of monthly results, forecasts and risk management.
- Strategic: You will assist with the day-to-day management of the operations of the acoustic team and influence the vision and strategy of the business through positive communication and a solution orientated approach to improve process and build reputation.
- Business development: You will be involved in upstream marketing initiatives and work winning.
- Highly motivated with good relevant industry experience, including construction projects.
- Relevant degree or IOA diploma in acoustics and noise control.
- Member of the Institute of Acoustics.
- Good knowledge of UK acoustic legislation, policy and standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and project teams.
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and report writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365.
- Ability to interface with clients, often in key meetings, as subject specialist. Ability to understand and document client/project needs and devise pragmatic solutions whilst keeping the wider business context in mind.
- Personable, can develop strong working relationships.
- Excellent time and task management and ability to work on own initiative.
- Good commercial awareness / business acumen.