Project Engineer – Concrete structures testing & inspection – Dubai
Sixense Middle East is the branch of the Sixense Group serving the Gulf Region and the Near-East area.
While the presence of the Sixense Group in this region dates back to 2009, its development was fueled by the demand for integrated instrumentation & monitoring solutions for the Riyadh and Doha Metro projects, and later by recurrent activities in the UAE. The recent years saw the establishment of a sustainable engineering department, adding structural investigations and analysis along with digitalization tools to the portfolio of our local expertise.
Having been operating in this region for a long time, on some of the biggest projects ever executed in this part of the world means that we naturally developed strong ties with local governmental entities, prominent consultants and major contractors of these countries.
The Sixense Middle East team is multicultural. Such diversity is a driving force for our development, enhances our performance and creativity, and eventually allows us to be ever closer and in tune with the diverse stakeholders of the projects on which we are involved.
The company is enjoying fast growth, and while most of the staff is based in Dubai, we also have a local team permanently based in Abu Dhabi, Doha, Riyadh and Jeddah.
Purpose of the job and main duties
NDT Project Engineer:
- Assist, support and lead the NDT technicians or the project teams on all NDT site jobs
- Produce AutoCAD drawings to report site notes
- Provide technical and commercial expertise on all NDT matters as required on projects
- Coordination with all project stakeholders from final client to subcontractors
- Ability to write test reports and presenting findings
- Prepare commercial and technical tenders offers to clients
- Ability to conduct site visit for technical purposes in assistance with the commercial and technical team
- Interpret or evaluate test results in accordance with applicable codes, standards, specifications, or procedures
- Prepare NDT procedures and method statement for assigned project
- Review clients’ specifications and scope of work
- Review subcontractors’ tender documents and technical qualifications
- Assist QHSE department on subcontractor assessments/audits
- Review and approve subcontractors’ NDT submissions
- Ensure that records are maintained for all NDT activities to demonstrate achievement of client requirements
- Maintain departmental project NDT files so that information is readily available to other department members
- Ability to identify NDT project opportunities in the market
Business Development Team
- Assist the Business Developer to achieve specific strategic business goals/ KPI’s
- Identify new projects and/or business opportunities not linked with existing customers, stay aware of the market evolution and the competition
- Assist in competitor intelligence and opportunity identification
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (civil engineering is preferred)
- Fluent in English and Hindi is mandatory
- Experience in working in civil engineering projects
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of NDT technologies including ultrasound and electromagnetic
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Must be rigorous and attentive to details
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Good communication, listening and learning skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have the will to participate / support in commercial meeting and customer relationship when required
A high degree of autonomy of the job holder depending on the individual’s experience. Good interpersonal skills to maintain company’s high profile with clients and to maintain an enjoyable working atmosphere.