4DShape is an all-in-one solution that uses a flexible chain of 3D inclinometers to monitor the relative movement of vertical, horizontal or converging profiles in soils and on structures.
A relatively recent innovation based on MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical Sensors) technology, it provides an efficient, effective and optimised solution for many applications.
4DShape: chaining 3D inclinometers
The 4DShape solution comprises a series of rigid unit lengths called segments that are chained together using joints that allow rotation, but prevent torsion. Each 4DShape segment contains three inclination MEMS, a microprocessor and a digital temperature sensor. Segment length can range from 200 mm to 1 metre, providing a much higher level of accuracy than is possible with conventional inclinometers.
The length of a 4DShape installation depends on the application, but can range from a few metres to 150 metres.
It can be installed in vertical, horizontal or converging configurations.
Its robustness, compact size, high measurement resolution and accuracy make this the essential solution for drilling operations, building outer walls and tunnel/pipeline inspection.
4DShape and its applications
Its versatility of installation means that 4DShape has many different applications.
The most frequent are:
- Automated measurements of boreholes
- Tunnel and gallery convergence measurements
- Settlement measurements along horizontal profiles (embankments, rail tracks, etc.)
- Deformation measurements of vertical structures (walls, columns, etc.)
The 4DShape solution gives you:
- Precise data available to access in real time
- Up to one measurement every 10 minutes per inclinometer chain
- An adaptable solution: measurements for buildings, linear infrastructures and subsoil projects
- A long-term solution requiring little maintenance
- A tailormade warning system when used in conjunction with the Gesocope online platform