Monitoring Engineer – Entry Level/Intern – USA
Sixense Inc. is the US subsidiary of the group. The company has its main office in Bothell, WA and operates through the entire country from regional offices in Los Angeles, CA and Silver Spring, MD. With 35 permanent employees, Sixense Inc. offers the full spectrum of solutions of the group, with a predominant experience historically in construction monitoring, structural health monitoring and asset management services.
About the role
The level-1 monitoring engineer will support the project team through configuring the integrated data management system (IDMS) to process, present, and analyze geotechnical/structural/environmental monitoring data transmitted from various sensors installed by Instrumentation Engineers on project sites. This role will also assist IT department to maintain the proper function of IDMS to ensure non-interrupted delivery of high-quality engineering data to project stakeholders.
Reports to: Monitoring Manager
• Perform the work and enforces the rules in accordance with regulations and internal policies, QA/QC procedures and methods applicable to the assigned tasks. Responsible for safety in the work environment.
• Collaborate with instrument engineers to test and setup remote connections between monitoring instruments and project server prior to the installation of instruments on site.
• Perform configurations using company’s proprietary data acquisition software to achieve automatic data acquisition, sensor data to engineering metrics computation and conversion, as well as real-time alarming.
• Use company’s proprietary GIS software to design monitoring website, present monitoring data in forms of plots, 2D/3D views, summary reports in accordance with project requirements.
• Review and validate configurations performed by colleagues locally or in other districts.
• Performa routine system check to ensure the integrity and the accuracy of monitoring data.
• Provide client support and instruction in using company proprietary software to navigate and analyze monitoring data.
• Report software bug and provide user feedback through internal support platform.
• Assist R&D department in testing new functions of software.
• Assist writing and updating internal technical instructions, procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Geographic Information Science, or other cross-disciplinary majors includes coursework on informatics technology
• Fluency in displaying, presenting quantitative information in effective and intuitive way.
• Skills to display and analyze spatial data.
• Ability to run SQL queries.
• Ability to automate repeated data processing tasks with scripting languages or MS Excel Marco.
• Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to learn quickly with curiosity to explore new fields.
• Knowledge in Geotechnical Engineering, Tunneling, Geohazards.
• Past working experience in construction industry.
• Experience with IT infrastructure, data centers and cloud services
• Knowledge of opensource GIS tool (e.g. QGIS, PostGIS)
• Basic knowledge of front-end web developing
• Knowing time-series data analysis
• Fluency in statistics
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
In an effort to foster a diverse workforce Sixense Inc. encourages applications from minorities, veterans, women and individuals with disabilities. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Sixense Inc. participates in E-Verify.