Assistant Project Manager – UK
Sixense Group is an international company providing specialist engineering services for the construction, civil engineering, and infrastructure management markets. Part of the VINCI Group, a world leader in concessions, construction, and related services, Sixense has over 700 employees present in 20 countries and is one of the leaders in the digital revolution taking place in the construction and management of infrastructure.
Instrumentation & Monitoring is one of the most established areas of the company and we continue to lead the way in automated monitoring systems and cutting-edge software. Sixense have been involved in some of the largest infrastructure monitoring projects in the UK, France, Spain, North America, The Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.
Experienced in working on major and complex projects, our UK team based in London supports an impressive portfolio including Crossrail, Thames Tideway and HS2, as well specialising in the protection of critical rail assets as part of major station upgrade projects such as Kings Cross, Tottenham Court Rd and Bond Street.
An opportunity has arisen to join our team as an Assistant Project Manager / Project Engineer within our instrumentation and monitoring team, based in London. With exciting project and professional prospects, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and self-motivated individual who is driven by making a difference through innovation and teamwork. We are looking for candidates with relevant industry experience, either in instrumentation and monitoring or working within a rail environment. You should be a reliable, enthusiastic and hard-working team player with excellent organisational and time-management skills.
In return, we can offer an interesting work environment, exposure to a range of exciting and challenging projects, as well as broader support to help you with your progression in the construction industry. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as you would expect from a leading engineering group.
• Project Management: You will initially work as part of a team on a major infrastructure monitoring project, reporting to our Senior Project Manager, with delegated responsibilities to lead sections of work. You will be responsible for ensuring project deliverables are executed to a professional level, to time and to budget whilst maintaining our high standards of Health and Safety, optimising opportunities and ensuring compliance with company management systems.
• Technical: You will be able to understand client/project needs that satisfy the infrastructure asset owners requirements, working with our surveyors and engineers to develop instrumentation and monitoring solutions. You will also provide specialist input into your own and other projects, including attending meetings and undertaking technical reviews of survey work and reports, ensuring a high-quality output.
• Health and Safety: You will be responsible for preparing project Health and Safety documentation in accordance with our ISO 45001 accreditation including method statements, risk assessments, task briefings and you will carry out site inspections and audits with the management team.
• Commercial: You will be required to maintain control of costs and manage commercial and contractual aspects of your projects, including the preparation of monthly dashboards, results, forecasts and risk management.
• Highly motivated with relevant industry experience, ideally including instrumentation and monitoring projects or rail and transport infrastructure projects.
• Relevant qualification in a construction related field – survey, engineering or construction management.
• Must hold a CSCS card to the required level (white, gold, black).
• Knowledge of railway infrastructure standards preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple activities and project teams.
• Excellent communication, presentation skills and report writing.
• Proficiency in Microsoft 365.
• Ability to interface with clients, consultants and asset owners.
• Personable, can develop strong working relationships.
• Excellent time and task management and ability to work on own initiative.
• Strong commercial awareness.