Acoustics Monitoring Engineer – UK
Sixense Group – Acoustics and Vibration Services
Sixense Group is an international company providing specialist engineering services for the construction, civil engineering and infrastructure management markets. Part of the VINCI Group, a world leader in concessions, construction and related services, Sixense has over 700 employees present in 20 countries and is one of the major players in the digital revolution taking place in the construction and management of infrastructure.
Our acoustics and environmental business is one of our most established and fastest growing areas of expertise. Bringing a unique combination of twin expertise in both consulting and monitoring, and with one of the largest instrument fleets in the industry with over 400 systems, our acoustics department has a track record of delivering robust and innovative acoustic engineering services on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK, France, North America, Australia and New Zealand.
Specialising in working on major and complex projects, based in London Bridge, our UK environmental monitoring team supports an impressive portfolio including Crossrail, Thames Tideway and HS2, as well as risk monitoring and critical advisory roles for infrastructure operations and sensitive urban developments.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen to join our diverse but close-knit and friendly team in an integral role within the acoustics and environmental monitoring division. With exciting project and professional prospects, this is an excellent career-development opportunity for an ambitious and self-motivated individual who is driven by making a difference through innovation and teamwork.
Applicants should have an acoustics qualification and be experienced in the monitoring of noise and vibration, preferably within the construction sector. Applications must be well organised and have good attention to detail. Strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel would be extremely beneficial.
The position requires a small percentage of time spent out on site. Applicants would therefore benefit from a practical, hands-on approach for this aspect of the job. The applicant will also be required to pass an examination in order to obtain a relevant CSCS/ECS certification, required for work on site.
In return, we can offer an interesting and sociable work environment, exposure to a range of exciting and challenging projects, as well as broader business operational support to help you with your development. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as you would expect from a leading engineering group.
• Provide technical know-how and direction in the topic of acoustics;
• Undertake on-site surveys and reporting of noise, vibration and air-quality;
• Attend site on occasion and carry out installation, maintenance and decommissioning of environmental monitoring equipment;
• Configure and maintain various remote monitoring sensor networks;
• Check and maintain remote monitoring systems & databases and carry out data downloading & quality analysis;
• Take responsibility for data quality and correctness, understanding the project and relating the measurements to construction progress. Check processed data quality and information accuracy;
• Liaise with client and third parties to present deliverables, resolve potential issues and maintain good, professional relationships;
• Provide technical support and problem solving by liaising between both internal departments and external parties including suppliers;
• Have basic commercial awareness with an ability to plan works & deliverables effectively and efficiently.
• Highly motivated with relevant industry experience.
• Relevant environmental degree and/or IOA diploma in acoustics and noise control.
• Excellent communication, presentation skills and report writing.
• Good level in Microsoft 365 and adept in learning new computer software.
• Ability to interface effectively with clients and third parties.
• Personable, can develop strong internal working relationships with colleagues.
• Ability to understand client/project needs and assist with effective solution finding.
• Excellent time and task management and ability to work on own initiative.
• Commercial awareness / business acumen.
• Ambitious, with a strong desire to improve and progress professionally within the group.