Surveyor – Canada
Sixense is a specialized branch of VINCI, a major international group providing services for design, construction and operation of large infrastructures related to transportation, transit, energy, hydro, mining, oil & gas and vertical construction. The company has two decades of experience on most iconic infrastructure development programs around the world. It operates permanently in 20 country with 600 highly qualified employees. Sixense is recognized for its safety records, its know-how, its client care, its capacity to innovate and to deliver.
Sixense Solutions Canada Ltd. is the Canadian subsidiary of the group. The company in North America has its main office in Bothell, WA, USA and operates through the entire country from regional offices in Mississauga, ON and Burnaby, BC. With 10 permanent employees, Sixense Solutions Canada Ltd. offers the full spectrum of solutions of the group, with a predominant experience historically in construction monitoring, structural health monitoring and asset management services.
We currently have opportunities for licensed surveyors to work in our instrumentation and monitoring team, based in Mississauga, ON. We are looking for candidates with relevant survey experience, either in instrumentation and monitoring or working in a rail environment. You should be a reliable, enthusiastic and hard-working team player, motivated to work within our I&M team.
In return, we can offer an interesting work environment, exposure to a range of exciting and challenging projects, as well as broader support to help you with your progression in the construction industry. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as you would expect from a leading engineering group.
• You will initially work as part of a team on a major infrastructure project reporting to our project managers and lead surveyor. Your role will be to work within the survey team performing manual survey, checking positions of automated monitoring equipment, maintaining the survey network, producing designs and maintaining as-built drawings. All work will be in a manner which maintains the HSE ethics of the company.
• Highly motivated with good relevant industry experience, ideally including monitoring projects on rail and transport infrastructure.
• Relevant qualification/experience in surveying.
• Committed to maintaining high standards of Health & Safety
• Good communication skills and the ability to work within a small team.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, (AutoCAD an advantage).
• Must be able to develop strong working relationships.
• Excellent time and task management and ability to work on own initiative.
• Must be keen to learn new skills and to be able to work in a construction and rail environment (nights and weekends will be required)
• Being “handy”, curious, thirst for learning new things, autodidact
• Must be a licensed Ontario Land Surveyor
In an effort to foster a diverse workforce Sixense Solutions Canada Ltd. encourages applications from minorities, veterans, women and individuals with disabilities. EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityShow less