Survey Engineer (AMTS) – USA
Sixense is a specialized branch of a major international group providing services for design, construction and operation of large infrastructures related to transportation, transit, energy, hydro, mining, oil & gas and vertical construction. The company has two decades of experience on most iconic infrastructure development programs around the world. It operates permanently in 20 country with 600 highly qualified employees. Sixense is recognized for its safety records, its know-how, its client care, its capacity to innovate and to deliver.
Sixense Inc is the US subsidiary of the group. The company has its main office in Bothell, WA and operates through the entire country from regional offices in Los Angeles, CA and Silver Spring, MD. With 35 permanent employees, Sixense Inc offers the full spectrum of solutions of the group, with a predominant experience historically in construction monitoring, structural health monitoring and asset management services.
About the Position
Sixense Inc is the worldwide leader for the design, installation, maintenance and operation of large automated monitoring systems during the construction of iconic infrastructure across the globe. Optical monitoring instruments constitute a key component of those systems. During the last two decades, Sixense has developed a proprietary AMTS (Automatic Motorized Total Station) design, compatible with all major manufacturers of Robotic Total Stations.
Sixense Inc deployed hundreds of AMTS in the USA and Canada on small and large construction projects. Their performance relies on the robustness of their initial design and on the quality of the post-processing of the survey data, using our proprietary fully automated 3D least square adjustment software. Sixense INC is looking for an experienced survey Engineer (or senior Survey Technician) in order to strengthen our capacity to deploy AMTS on our sites. The AMTS Engineer will design, supply, install and maintain (with the support of field engineers), and operate remotely the AMTS for our projects, primarily on the East Coast, but likely to support other Districts across the country and in Canada as well.
– Performs the work and enforces the rules in accordance with all applicable regulations, policies, methods, and practices developed by the Company; Responsible for safety in the work environment,
– Prepares submittals, designs, material purchases, and accurate record keeping.
– Demonstrates ability to perform completely and successfully the design, setup and maintenance of survey-based monitoring equipment, data collection, data reduction to minimize errors induced by site conditions utilizing statistical methods, configuration of relational database and presentation of treated data into a GIS based software for professional data export to Sixense clients in support of construction activities,
– Demonstrates ability to perform completely (design, setup, completion and reporting) and successfully the following tasks:
o Pre-installation: design, building, acceptance testing, logging and records keeping, comparing installation plan to technical/client requirements, delivery to site. Notification to Project Manager of defect
o On-site installation: assembling, installing, on-site configuring and commissioning, verification of normal readings, documenting and records keeping including Pre and Post installation photos and forms.
o Post-Installation: prepare submittals, perform necessary programming of loggers, provide information, documenting and records keeping as required to Project Manager and Monitoring Engineers for their proper implementation on the Data Management System,
o On-site maintenance and operations: routine QA inspections, calibrations, maintenance and cleaning, observe system performance, diagnose failures and subsequently failure prevention, perform repairs as necessary, document site conditions and identify potential problem areas, documentation and record keeping as required,
o Decommissioning and disposal: uninstall instruments and associated components, dispose of non-reusable parts, repatriation of re-usable parts to the relevant office, cleaning and restoration of site to pre-existing conditions, cleaning and restoration of inventoried instruments for future deployments, documentation of the inventory data base
– Attends client meetings and participates in presentations as assigned,
– Provides documentation and supports Project Manager to prepare and track claims, change orders, extra work orders,
– Acts as Assistant Project Manager, as required,
– Assists in risk assessment,
– Other duties as assigned,
– Degree in surveying, geodesy mapping or related fields. Post-graduate degree preferred.
– OSHA 10-hour safety training
– First Aid/CPR
– Experience (Minimum 2-4 years) and advanced knowledge related to Survey, Geodesy, Geomatics,
– >3-year technical experience in instrumentation and robotic total station operation,
– Familiar with the hard/software of major robotic total station products in the market
– Familiar with AutoCAD and other 3D modeling software
– Knowledge in programing languages, SQL database and GIS software
– Basic knowledge of job costing procedures
– Ability to suggest recommendations to Project Manager for project related decisions such as estimating and risk assessment,
– Ability to meet with clients;
– Scheduling skills
– MS Word, Excel and Outlook relative to reporting site construction and engineering activities
In an effort to foster a diverse workforce Sixense Inc encourages applications from minorities, veterans, women and individuals with disabilities. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Sixense Inc participates in E-Verify.