Senior Project Manager – Instrumentation and Monitoring – USA
Sixense is a specialized branch of a major international group providing services for design, construction and operation of major infrastructure related to transportation, transit, energy, hydro, mining, oil & gas and vertical construction. The company has two decades of experience on most iconic infrastructure development programs around the world. It operates permanently in 20 country with 600 highly qualified employees. Sixense is recognized for its safety records, its know-how, its client care, its capacity to innovate and to deliver.
Sixense Inc. is the US subsidiary of the group. The company has its main office in Seattle, WA and operates through the entire country from regional offices in Los Angeles, CA and Silver Spring, MD. With 35 permanent employees, Sixense Inc. offers the full spectrum of solutions of the group, with a predominant experience historically in construction monitoring, structural health monitoring and asset management services.
About the Position
Sixense Inc. is growing and has recently secured major Instrumentation and Monitoring (I&M) projects on the East Coast of the USA, ensuring a long-term visibility to our local team. The company is currently reinforcing its local I&M work force and is looking for a Senior Project Manager, able to bring highly- technical knowledge and extensive experience in the field of geotechnical, structural and environmental instrumentation. The candidate will hold the role of project manager for our Major I&M projects in this region, will provide guidance and mentorship to junior PMs of the District for our other jobs, and will coordinate all activities related to I&M for the District.
• Ensures that all policies, methods, practices developed for the I&M Projects of the District integrate and comply with Federal, State, Local, and Company safety regulations,
• Coordinates day-to-day operations for the I&M Projects of the District:
o Assesses needs for staff, resources and facilities required to fulfill business growth and operational goals,
o Aligns Project Managers of the District on all aspects of the I&M scope in accordance with the company policies, methods and practices,
o Assigns and dispatches crews on jobs, in coordination with Project Managers, based on schedules, priorities and logistical constraints,
o Engages and maintains relations with local Unions as required,
• Actively participates to the company’s I&M Committee:
o In the general assignments of the I&M Committee (Quality, Procurement, Training, etc.).
o Standardization of processes, protocols, methods, good practices, etc. across the Districts
• Oversees junior I&M Project Managers of the District:
o Assist in all aspects of project management, as described below,
o Provides mentoring and strategic guidance for the planning of the jobs, the submittal of claims, the financial reporting and the assessment of risk associated with the project,
o Provides consistent leadership for the most difficult situations including risky, large, and complex projects,
• Hold the role of Project Manager, as assigned by the District Manager, for large and special projects
o Oversee all aspects of a project in accordance with the Company policy,
o Assist the District Manager in risk assessment,
o Management of vendors, subcontractors and subconsultants hired for the project, in line with established policies, practices and procedures. This includes among others: screening, selecting, contracting, inducting, assessing the performance and the compliance on site, etc.
o Negotiate the final terms and conditions of the Scope Of Work (inclusions, exclusions, schedule, penalties, requirements) under the supervision of the District Manager and with the support of the District Sales Manager,
o Primary contact for Owner, Architect, Client, Designer, Engineer and subcontractors,
o Responsible for kick-off meetings, designs, submittals, material ordering, pre-job planning and scheduling,
o Creates and maintains job budget following the Company policy and the reporting schedule
o Coordinate, review and submit project change orders and claims,
o Ensure contractual and technical compliance for the project at all time,
o Plans, organizes, directs and controls all day-to-day operations and personnel for the project to perform the work properly and in a timely manner, per established policies, practices and procedures, while maximizing the profitability of the job without jeopardizing safety nor quality,
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related degree
• OSHA 30-hour training course is a plus
• First Aid/CPR
• 10 years of experience as Project Manager in the I&M industry
• Advanced technical knowledge in geotechnical, structural and environmental I&M applied to construction, mining, O&G, or equivalent
• Advanced knowledge in job costing programs and systems
• Advanced knowledge in contract negotiations and review (US context)
• Ability to identify, assess, present and defend claims and change orders for the jobs for the district
• Ability to mentor and stimulate the Project Managers, as well as enforce policies and discipline when needed
• Proficient with operational scheduling
• Understanding of project risks and ability to make risk assessments
• Masters skill level with client interaction, risk analysis, written and oral presentation, design management, and sales
• Ability to observe areas of improvement and communicate effectively utilizing appropriate communication methods
• Maximize profitability with efficient and effective turn-around in response to potential problems, while helping solve
• Develops plans and takes ownership of ideas to make Sixense Inc a better work environment
• Can lead and train employees on subjects related to I&M
In an effort to foster a diverse workforce Sixense Inc encourages applications from minorities, veterans, women and individuals with disabilities. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Sixense Inc. participates in E-Verify.