Regional Sales Manager – USA
Sixense is a consulting firm specializing in the optimization of the performance, the resilience and the cost efficiency of each phase of the life cycle of major infrastructures. The portfolio of the company includes innovative technologies, value-engineered solutions, digital platforms and high-level engineering expertise integrated in turn-key offerings. Our scope of work aims at providing peace of mind to our Clients by : 1. focusing on the reduction of their exposure to geotechnical, environmental and structural risks and 2. providing modern digital tools and methods for the control of their processes and their associated risks.
Sixense is a specialized branch of a major international group providing services for design, construction and operation of large infrastructures related to transportation, transit, energy, hydro, mining, oil & gas and vertical construction. The company has two decades of experience on most iconic infrastructure development programs around the world. It operates permanently in 20 countries with 600 highly qualified employees. Sixense is recognized for its safety records, its know-how, its client care, its capacity to innovate and to deliver.
Sixense, Inc. is the US subsidiary of the group. The company has its main office in Bothell, WA and operates through the entire country from regional offices in Los Angeles, CA and Silver Spring, MD. With 35 permanent employees, Sixense Inc. offers the full spectrum of solutions of the group, with a predominant experience historically in construction monitoring, structural health monitoring and asset management services. In the last decade, Sixense Inc. kept growing geographically and diversified its offering by hiring experts and developing new innovative and differentiating solutions.
About the Position
Sixense, Inc. has earned a leading position in the Pacific North West area in the field of geotechnical, structural and environmental automatic monitoring for large infrastructures projects. The company has the ambition to keep this leadership, offering innovative and highly engineered turn-key solutions, providing excellence in client care and guaranteeing peace of mind to our clients. We are looking for a motivated Sales Engineer to lead the development of the core business, primarily in the Pacific North West area (WA, AK, OR, ID, MT) and to manage all bids relevant to this region. The core business includes geotechnical, structural and environmental automatic monitoring, structural health monitoring, digital asset management, environmental consulting, geophysical investigations, lidar mapping, INSAR monitoring, etc. The Regional Sales Manager will join a dynamic and experienced Sales team with a solid knowledge of the industry and of the solutions constituting Sixense Inc.’s portfolio. She/He will have a major role in the definition of the business strategy in the region, and, with the Sales team, will contribute to the expansion of the business development plan of the company in the country.
Success will be rewarded with a variable part of the salary, ultimately defined by the number and volume of the awards, by the penetration and diversification of new markets and by the expansion of the Sixense’s outreach in the professional communities we work with.
Business Development (40%)
- Provides development and on-going support of the Business Development strategy and annual Business Development plan for the District.
- Develop up-stream projects knowledge to assist owners or engineers in the technical and commercial choices for a better solution.
- Develop expert knowledge on assigned applications, solutions, industries, services, etc. and represents actively the company at relevant trade shows, committees, events, etc. in coordination with the Sales Manager
- As inherent to the position of District Sales Manager, travel to potential unanticipated project sites in the U.S. for meeting(s) with project owner and general contractor
- Work in accordance to the strategy set forth in the Development Business Plan of the Company and of the District.
- Develop accurate market knowledge for future Business Development plan strategy.
- Develop relationship with customer decision-makers and develop a CRM database accordingly.
- Ensures that all Sixense and OSHA safety regulations are met and taken into account in projects acquisition process and site visits.
- Responsible for the proposal from the early development stage, to receipt of bid package, to preparation of the complete estimate in a timely manner, to final bid review until the hand-off to the operation team.
- Reviews Request for proposals (RFPs), including all specifications and drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, conducts site visits, determine scope of work, interaction with operations staff to develop work approach, prepare quantity takeoffs and input data into computerized estimating software.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimates figures including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Coordinate with the Sales Manager the use of internal or external resources (R&D department, operations, external consultant, etc.) to maximize our success in the proposal and marketing/selling process.
- Finalize the financial and technical proposal and organize the closing process when needed, per the policy of the company.
- Ensure that contractual conditions are reviewed and approved internally in a timely manner.
- Negotiate and close the deal with the support and under the authority of the District Manager and/or the Specialty Manager as deemed appropriate.
- Hand over proposal files once contract is awarded to the operation department.
- Provide support to the operation team when upstream knowledge and customer relationship is a benefit to the project.
- Propose in coordination with the Sales Manager potential partners (i.e. JV, subcontractors) that put Sixense at a competitive advantage for a project.
- Ensures that all company policies are followed (i.e. safety, quality, drug testing, travel, etc.).
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent (GIS, data sciences, 3D digitalization, monitoring)
- Minimum 5 years of geotechnical, civil, structural, environmental or geosciences engineering and construction techniques applied to heavy Civil construction, Oil & gas, mining, hydro, underground space, heavy rail
- 5 years (min.) experience with client meetings, screening and evaluating project opportunities, and making presentations about project work. Strong ability to quickly comprehend and explain complex engineering concepts in simple, effective terms
- Industry insider who understands current trends and anticipates change
- Advance skill in strategic vision in projects acquisition
- Advanced knowledge in job estimating techniques, cost control, proposals writing
- Ability to work in a wide range of software programs that support our business (Excel, SalesForce, PowerPoint/CAD, CSS, etc.)
- Knowledge of project scheduling. Impeccable time management skills
- Superlative communication skills with the ability to navigate a wide range of internal and external environments
- Advance relationship skills to be able to work closely with team members and prospects to explain complex solutions and systems
- Proven Business development and sales skills. Strong networker who can reach out to customers and clients to offer support and assistance
- Understanding of project risks and ability to make risk assessments
- Advanced knowledge in contract negotiations and review
- Naturally driven by the qualities of a successful salesperson: ambition, stamina, competitive nature, sense of urgency, solution-oriented, team player, sense of optimism, resilience, and perseverance
In an effort to foster a diverse workforce Sixense Inc. encourages applications from minorities, veterans, women and individuals with disabilities. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Sixense Inc. participates in E-Verify.Show less